Update from the GLA on Syrian Refugee Resettlement
April 8, 2016
Employment support for refugee Journalists.
April 19, 2016

Financial assistance from Jobcentre when returning to work

April 2016 Financial assistance when returning to work or starting a paid work experience placement: When you return to work/paid work experience, Jobcentre Plus work coaches will direct you to websites such as these to calculate your income after starting work: https://www.gov.uk/benefits-adviser http://www.entitledto.co.uk/ http://www.citizensadvice.co.uk/getadvice/benefit-calculator/ http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx?gclid=CJKftM_0-7QCFfHJtAodVzAAuw https://www.gov.uk/working-tax-credit/eligibility – Eligibility depends on your age and how many hours of paid work you do a week. … You can’t claim tax credits and Universal Credit at the same time. … You must work a certain number of hours a week to qualify. You can also discuss the other following possible sources of financial support with your Jobcentre, in order to assist with expenses such as travel, clothing, housing costs during your first month back at work. There isn’t a guarantee that you will be offered the support because it is seen as discretionary. – Flexible Support Fund: discretionary pot of money available to Jobcentre work coaches to assist customers – In-work Emergency Fund: as above – Local Authority Emergency Fund: This fund is administered by your Local Authority (ie Local Council). It used to be called the DWP (Jobcentre) Social Fund. Ask your Jobcentre about these funds. If you are told that they no longer apply, please let us know and we will contact them on your behalf to check.

Comments are closed.